I remember the time when my sister and I took our children to the Jawaharlal Nehru Planetarium. The sight of the stars and the planets mesmerised them. The realism had a sort of 3D effect on them – a space traveller goes through the rounds. After the first visit they were hooked; and it was one of their favourite haunts for many years to come. Their enjoyment for the day was topped off with a Fruit & Custard treat.
When I visited a dear friend of mine, she served me a chilled Ginger Biscuit & Custard pudding which I added to my favourite food diary. Over the basic recipe, I have garnished it with chocolate flakes and almonds. Enjoy !!!
GINGER BISCUIT & CUSTARD PUDDING:
- Custard powder – vanilla flavour – 3 .5 Tbsp.
- Milk – 1/2 litre
- Sugar – 3 Tbsp
- Ginger Biscuits – as required
- Cadbury dairy milk chocolate – for garnish
- Make thick custard with custard powder, milk and sugar. Allow to cool.
- In a glass bowl alternate layers of custard sauce first, then ginger cookies, repeat till they are exhausted, but make sure that the custard layer comes on top.
- Garnish with chocolate gratings and almond. Chill this delicious custard and ginger biscuit pudding before serving.
As you can surmise, the variations are many. Raisins, nuts ,cut fruits.candied fruits go a long way to make the custard sweeter, and bolder. Better still an ice cream scoop on top of the custard would be lovely.
Quick Snack – Take Lijjad Masala Papad. Microwave it for one minute. Sprinkle fine cut onions, tomato, green chilly on it and serve.
Quick Tip – Keep lemons at room temperature before squeezing. Roll lemons on a hard surface before juicing them.