Recently, I was invited by a very dear friend of mine for a get-together at her home. She served us soup, a tantalising, delicious golden broth, a carrot and tomato soup, full of anti-oxidants and vitamins combining both taste and goodness.
Soups are warm, comforting and nourishing. Very right for a cool, Bangalore evening, where the temperatures at this time of the year dips to 13 degree Celsius.
Hope you love it as much as I do!
The Golden Soup
Preparation time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes Serves : 4
- Tomatoes – 4 medium
- Carrots – 5 medium
- Onion – 1/4 chopped fine
- Garlic – 4 crushed or minced
- Butter – 1.5 teaspoon
- Coriander leaves – 2 sprigs(optional)
- Grated cheese – 1 cube(optional)
- Croutons – 1 slice bread cut into squares and fried (optional)
- Salt – To taste
- Pepper – To taste
- Sugar – 1/4 teaspoon
- Wash tomatoes and carrots, top and tail the carrots, scrape skin.
- Pressure cook tomatoes and carrots in four cups of water for five minutes. Cool.
- Separate stock and cooked vegetables. Reserve stock.
- Slice cooked vegetables separately and set aside.
- Melt butter in saucepan, saute onions and garlic for about 3 minutes until soft.
- Add sliced carrots to saucepan. Stir fry for three minutes followed by tomatoes, salt , pepper and sugar. Stir fry for 3 minutes.
- Cool mixture, puree in blender to satiny smoothness.
- Combine puree and reserved stock in a pan. Heat, bring to boil and simmer till desired consistency is obtained.
- Garnish with coriander leave / grated cheese / croutons.
- Serve this wonderful, healthy, hot soup with buttered toast / garlic bread / bread sticks.